My problem with that is that when negativity is buzzing all around me and I seem to have the luck of, well, nothing good, it's ridiculously hard to slap a smile on my face everyday and think up some secret happy hidden message.
I didn't want to write anything negative, thinking that I would be hampering people's bubbles of joy, but c'est la vie. Take what you get and give what you can back.
What led me to this thrilling idea of a do-over? I was thinking recently, and of the million and two times I've been uprooted and forced to move to a new community/country/culture, I was told it was for the greater good; "the greener side" for all intents and purposes.
As it turns out, I would usually be more miserable, with happy moments here and there, but with constant uprooting, readjustments, and always being the victim of the new kid syndrome, it got harder and harder to see the happy, and way easier to be put down by everyone who intended just that.
Sure, I can be insightful and joyous, but more often than not, life happens. Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying 'life' means negativity. What I mean is that life doesn't take into consideration your plans to wake up early and start the day with three hours of yoga when it wakes you up at 2 AM with an aching back and chest and doesn't let you go back to bed until you're falling over yourself with exhaustion at 5AM promising your body you're strong enough to handle it without pain meds.
Then again, life doesn't take into consideration when you've given up on 'nice guys' and broadcasted to everyone you know how you've decided to commit to living the kind of single life that involves living half your life in an ashram, when a guy far greater than your dreamiest dream guy shows up and demands that you let him slay your demons, rescue you from bad guys, (does it all and succeeds like wow) and then asks you to marry him either.
So there's the good and the bad, and I know I've said before that I intended to talk about both anyway, but truth be told I wasn't. So now I promise you, I will. Because I really and truly
So brace yourselves for horror stories and the like, but don't be surprised to laugh until your sides hurt either (still working on the funny). As for today, well, today was a mix of things.
I woke up at 2AM in pain and couldn't get back to sleep until after 5AM and sure, that totally sucks and basically screwed up all my plans for today, but the giggly happy part is when I came back in the room and my doggies (did I tell you we got puppies? well, we did ^_^) quietly walked up to me and sat down by my feet looking up at me with their super cute pick-me-up-because-I'm-so-cute faces.
So I picked them up, grabbed a blanket to ward away the world's evilest mosquitoes that are forever hunting me down, and played with them for nearly an hour before they were falling asleep again. Then I took the hint and crawled into bed myself, half-eaten alive, so I wouldn't collapse later in the day.
Then said doggies woke me up again less than three hours later (don't even guess how much sleep I got in all) to play and then whine incessantly before I woke my brain up enough to feed them (I know, bad doggie mama. I blame sleep deprivation and the zombie-itis I woke up with).
Once fed and played with, they were happy, hyper bundles of joy once more, and the happy gave me to motivation to finally re-do my sad, sad little blog.
Now my great challenge is to not crash midway through the day, figure out lunch, clean the room, review paperwork, tackle a few mountains of laundry waiting to be folded since 6AM Friday morning, scrub and steam the couches, and remember to take last night's cup of tea with a tea-ring stain in the bottom and a dead mosquito back to the kitchen where I will then proceed to wash two sinkfuls of dishes. Oh and iron clothes for work and re-pack the drawers I threw everything in when I was falling over myself half-asleep on Friday. Yay me.
I know you'd expect this post to end in a reflective thought regarding the revamp and all, but all my energy is going into convincing my body that I am in fact awake, and not in a dark alleyway surrounded by people smoking mushy, brown, cloudy honey in deep silver pipes (I dream weird things). So think of your own insightful thingamajig today. My head hurts and my doggies came back with their pick-me-up-because-I'm-so-cute faces again. Ahh, life [bittersweet much?].

No comments:
Post a Comment