First, as I welcome my invisible audience to read another post this morning, I acknowledge to my invisible followers that my last post was indeed deleted. The volume of negative reviews outnumbered the positive and apparently it had an enraging effect on people.
Usually, when I'm being biased, narrow-minded, going off on a rant, or being delusional, I try to give a bit of warning first. If you don't want to read what comes after that warning, you do not have to. That's the beauty of the whole warning in advance thing.
But some people didn't get it, and began chewing my head off (figuratively) about it. When I say the bad outweighed the good, I mean there was no good. Not a single person (except me) had anything positive to say about the "On Being Woman-y" post, even though I backed up my claims with research and provided the reader with resources to confirm that research.
Long story short, this is my blog. If you've been bamboozled into reading something you didn't want to, let me know (there's this thing called the comments section), and I'll supersize the warning or put a picture of me holding a warning sign if need be.
In my blog I will write about what I want to write about. This may not be what you think, what your neighbor's dog thinks, or what your third grade teacher's cousin thinks. It's what I think. While I am always asking people to check out what I have to say and give me feedback, what I guess I left out is give me constructive feedback.
If you don't agree with my research, either don't read the post, or bring your own research to show me that the facts say I'm wrong. This blog is all about me being different. I don't want to keep deleting my opinions and research because it might step on someone's toes. That's what a lot of people do. I'm not a lot of people. I'm me. So I do things my way. Even if that means it's the lone, weird way.
If you are one of my invisible supporters (I say invisible because the majority of people I ask to read it goes "Yeah sure, I will" and never get back to me on it again), then I thank you immensely for taking the time out of your day/night to read my words. If you're just starting out reading, feel free to cruise my blog and let me know what you think.
Regardless of who you are, remember that your opinion is yours, and my opinion is mine. This is my blog, this is my spot, and this is one of my places to let my ideas roam free. If you agree with what I have to say, awesome! If you're absolutely certain you don't (are you sure you're sure?), well, you're more than welcome to stay on board anyway. Peace, yo.

No comments:
Post a Comment