Read this first!

Monday, 13 June 2011

The Story of the Sabotaged Car, the Missing Light Bulb, and the Broken Tent

It is 8:14 AM on a Monday morning. I am not at work. After a year of sending out applications and résumés, I am not in the new employee week-long seminar halfway across the country. Where am I?

I am sitting in the bedroom, behind the computer, at home. The last three months have led up to this. But actually, it may have started long before. Or not. I’m not sure yet. You decide.

Why am I telling you this? Last night I was explaining the situation to Elissa and she thought it was hilariously sad. It may not be as funny now because you don't have the wonderful advantage of seeing my facial expressions, hand gestures, waiting on each pause as I draw out the next big part, and even more fun? I do these little dramatic performances sometimes for these stories. But you can't see all that behind these words. Still, it is a story nonetheless, and one worth hearing.

She suggested that I write down when these things happen to me as they make brilliant stories (I keep feeling like these things only happen to me). I agreed, intending to get to it eventually. As my story came to an end, I decided on a title involving the car, a light bulb, and a tent. Because that’s what happened. No exaggeration.

I think my 'Shit Happens' poster in the background adds a fitting touch.

What Civvi looks like now.



*****************************************************************************


To read the rest of the story, go to my book spot by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment