I've realized there's quite a lot of people freaking out about yet another prediction for the end of the world. The latest? TOMORROW. Actually, according to the time, it's today. May 21st, 2011. None of them have freaked out over a specific time, so I can't speculate on that.
To top these predictions off, I was subjected to a lengthy lecture from the sister of a dear friend of mine. What on? Devil-worshiping celebs and nations. Oh joy. Pardon me if I don't share her enthusiasm for such topics, but I have my own beliefs.
With all due respect to everyone else, each is entitled to his/her own opinions. These are mine.
1. A wise person once said "The devil is a Christian creation. They can keep him." I agree. Strongly. Sure, each holy book has their antagonists, but you don't see me drilling anybody about who I don't like from any religious works. I'll respect your opinions if you respect mine. I give you the right to think for yourself, give me the same respect.
2. I've read a few different religious works of literature. Something common in all of them? These books were printed and published by MAN. As someone who loves languages, it is from my experience that I say not all translations mean the same exact thing in every single language. Something gives, something takes, and so it goes. Ever play the telephone game? Person A whispers something into person B's ear, and by the time it gets to person Z's ear it's totally different. We were not present when any divine figure allegedly instructed anyone to write down contradictory verses, nor were we there to witness a chosen figure patiently writing all these things down. Please think first before you quote specific [roughly translated] words and wrap it into your own personal context to shove down people's throats.
3. We all know people that run around frantically trying to spread the word of negative things to come, alleged warnings and so forth. Why not spread the positive? If you're trying to convince people to follow your belief, why are you scaring them? Isn't that what terrorists do? On that note, what does society say about such people? When parents forcefully and aggressively scare their children into obedience, social services are called. Look at what you're doing from a different angle, please. If you must spread the word, and you notice people are running away from you, avoiding you, or trying to get away from you, think about how they may be viewing your attitude.
4. If you MUST follow up on the religious texts, there are many religious works that emphasize how important a divine figure considers love and forgiveness. By showing hatred, negativity, condemnation, and scorn to others, aren't you going against the word of your own belief? While you insist that myriads of "devil-worshipers" and "blood sacrifices" are growing in number against the will of any divine figure, aren't you increasing their popularity by talking about them? Look at it this way: if the media complains that Mrs. X is too famous and getting out of hand and shouldn't be a real star; how smart is it for them to plaster up every detail of her life in full color and print? Aren't they increasing her fame? Same thing.
5. Look into what you're advertising before you start gossiping and so on. I've met way too many who started off their lectures by going against team Y and ended up making supportive arguments for team Y and had to stop and wonder what their argument for team Z was in the first place. I may not be into what you're into, but if you insist on occupying my time by confusing everyone in the room, you're left with 0% supporters and 100% wondering what the hell?
So my rant is done for now. It's 1:56 Am, on May 21, 2011 and I'm still awake. Actually, that would also make me...alive!
Last note here. a lot of people will not agree with me, and I'm cool with that. But theoretically speaking, if some ultimate disaster or anything of that sort were to happen, I wouldn't be screaming like a chicken with its head cut off, running around the streets and setting buildings on fire. I'd live my life to the fullest, with the people I love. That way, no matter what happens, my heart will be filled with happiness and love and I will be surrounded by people that I love, who love me. If your divine figure will condemn me for that, then I can do without their propaganda. I have spoken, I am still alive, and the world is still here.

Wow! That was quite a mouthful, A.J.! For what it's worth, I'm on the same page as you:) I wonder what God thinks of all this stuff going on down here, lol?
ReplyDelete"Hey Gabriel. Come here...I have somethin' for you to do. See that preacher...?"
Well...how would I know what He thinks? :)
hahahahaha I have realized that God has a sense of humor we don't often catch....maybe the "rapture" was part of it?
ReplyDelete